View the article’s original source
Dozens of governors, including Charlie Baker, are getting letters from the business community today in a show of support for President Obama’s limits on carbon pollution from power plants:
In an unprecedented show of business support for tackling climate change, 365 companies and investors sent letters today to more than two-dozen governors across the United States voicing their support for the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Power Plan for existing power plants and encouraging the state’s “timely finalization” of state implementation plans to meet the new standards.
The letter, organized by sustainability advocacy group Ceres, comes just days before the expected finalization of the rule aimed at reducing U.S. power plant carbon pollution by 30 percent by 2030.
“Our support is firmly grounded in economic reality,” wrote the businesses, including industry giants such as General Mills, Mars Inc., Nestle, Staples, Unilever and VF Corporation. “Clean energy solutions are cost effective and innovative ways to drive investment and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Increasingly, businesses rely on renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions to cut costs and improve corporation performance.”
Great to see Framingham-headquartered Staples on the list! But … where are Boston-based Gillette and New Balance? Waltham-headquartered Raytheon? What about Boston- and Hartford-based Eversource Energy (the former Northeast Utilities & NSTAR)?
Full list of Massachusetts letter signers (many are based in MA, others aren’t based here but have significant business interests here):
- adidas Group
- Akamai Technologies, Inc.
- Arjuna Capital
- Boston Common Asset Management
- Breckinridge Capital Advisors
- Broadside Bookshop
- Bum Boosa Bamboo Productions
- Burton Snowboards
- Captains of Industry
- CDI Meters, Inc.
- Chez Sven Bed & Breakfast
- Christopher Reynolds Foundation
- Classic Communications
- Clean Power Finance
- Domini Social Investments
- EILEEN FISHER, Inc.
- Electric Vehicle Institute
- Green Alliance
- Green And Profitable
- Green Century Capital Management
- Green Pod LLC
- Holistic Project Management Consulting
- Linda Harrar Productions LLC
- MAR and UNE Provinces of the Society of Jesus
- Michael Bader MD
- Never Too Late Basketball Camps, Inc.
- Next Step Living
- NYR Organic
- Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
- Pure Strategies, Inc.
- Rainbow Solutions, Inc.
- Saunders Hotel Group
- Schneider Electric
- Sisters of the Good
- Shepherd Sisters of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Ski Butternut Staples, Inc.
- Sustainability Roundtable Inc.
- Tech Networks of Boston
- The Sustainability Group of Loring, Wolcott & Coolidge
- The Weather Company
- Transitioning To Green
- Trillium Asset Management
- Unitarian Universalist Association
- ViewPoint Consulting
- Walden Asset Management
- Wespath Investment Management
- Wilson Solarpower Corp
- Worthen Industries
- Zaurie Zimmerman Associates, Inc.
- Zevin Asset Management, LLC